Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What I learned....

We just recently had our Hattiesburg Fellowship weekend and boy was it a blessing. During the weekend, I got a text from my friend Nancy asking me what I had learned and wanting to hear "all about it".... Well, I thought to myself, why just share with her? These weekends are so rich and such an overwhelming blessing that I feel stingy not sharing my thoughts on it. I feel that our fellowship group is so blessed to be "learning in truth" that I feel led to share this with you all.

Have you every truly felt like you were standing "On Holy Ground"??? This is how it feels every time we have one of our "family get togethers" There is a love there among the Saints that can only come from our Heavenly Father.....

This weekend, we talked about being "Broken Bread and Poured out Wine" for others.... what does this mean? How can I be this?.... It's easy to think, "when I get to heaven, I am going to rejoice and sit at God's feet and be filled with the spirit and my love for Him and His love for me". .... That's what this group, my family, has taught me..... We don't have to wait.... We can do all of that now..... That is the beauty of the resurrection.... Life was brought to all believers on that day.... "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us Rejoice and be glad in it"...... That day the "Kingdom came"....... We are no longer dead in Adam, but alive in Christ. Hallelujah!

On these weekends, I also reflect on myself and all that I get caught up in during my day to day life... I want others to look at me and my life and see God's love through me, through my actions.... Does this happen on a day to day basis? Most likely not. My pettiness, vanity and pride get in the way on most days.... but those are my struggles and what is referred to as "dying to myself".....

If I had to summarize what I got from the weekend, is that it is so easy to get caught up in the Legalism of religion and beat yourself for all that you are not in your Christian life.... none of that is important. Yes, you are going to sin... you are going to pay consequences for your sinning..... natural consequences that might just be interrupting your walk with God ( but I bet if you let Him, He could use it to bring you CLOSER to God)........ what IS important is that you are HIS CHILD! All HE wants from you is a relationship of a father and a child.... and all He wants from you as HIS child is live in a way that makes him proud, and reflects his love for you....... whew! Seriously? That's all? You mean, I don't have to serve on that committee? or do this? or do that? 'cause I never feel I'm doing enough...... Now ask yourself this.... how many "Families"... true families require you to "work" to be in them? ......

You are born into a family......

I am so thankful that God, my Father, provided a way for me to be born into His.......


1 comments:

desharp said...

Excellent reflection! Thanks for sharing what you learn......A sign of a true disciple of Christ.






Followers

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Powered by Blogger.